Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weeks 1-4 of the Twilight Swap

Week 1 - ATC



I made two ATCs because I couldn't decide on one. :) The first is called "Bound". I chose the title because Edward and Bella would forever be together. I absolutely LOVE the pic I used. I didn't do much embellishing because I wanted the emphasis to be on the picture and the quote.

I printed the picture and the quote on glossy photo paper. The photo was cropped at shorter width than a typical trading card so that I could use the patterned paper behind it. The picture is adhered to the paper with 4 small brads. The quote was printed in a script-y font and reads:

"The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irreversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine."
Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 24, p.527

I pop-dotted that up above the photo to give the card some depth, then added 3 skittles in Currant (can be purchased from Jamie) along the top.

The second ATC, entitled "Two Thoughts", didn't turn out quite like I imagined. I liked the idea behind it so Erica received it anyway. :)

The pic is printed at full ATC size (2.5 x 3.5 inches) and the quotes are printed at...I can't remember! The pic is of the Cullens in the cafeteria. As you can see, Edward is staring (or glaring according to Bella), at Bella. The quote on the left is from Twilight and says:

"He was glaring down at me again, his black eyes full of revulsion. As I flinched away from him, shrinking against my chair, the phrase if looks could kill suddenly ran through my mind."
Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 1, p.24

The quote on the right if from Midnight Sun and says:

"I could hear nothing but silence from the place she was sitting. Nothing at all. I felt a moment of unease."
Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun, Chapter 1, p.6
Download file from www.stepheniemeyers.com

The quotes are pop-dotted up and a red, sheer ribbon between the quotes. Two sets of three red-colored skittles finish it off. (I think the skittles are a color called Chili Pepper and are also from Jamie.)

I really like the contrast of Edward and Bella's thoughts at this particular moment in time. He is frowning because he can't "hear" her while she thinks he is glaring at her.

I sure wish Stephenie would finish Midnight Sun!


Week 2 - Altered Item




My altered item for Erica was a wooden box that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.

I took all the hardware off of the box and painted it with a couple of coats of dark red acrylic hobby paint - inside and out. The hardware received a coat of flat black spray paint. After the box dried, I wrapped it in a length of lace material (also from HL), tied it in a knot at the bottom, then spray painted through the lace with the flat black spray paint. Some areas I applied the paint heavier, others lighter. You can see the detail in the above pic. I then coated it with a couple of coats of a clear spray paint, the reattached all the hardware.

The inside bottom and top of the lid is lined in a cranberry felt that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. I added a chipboard swirl and Erica's initials to the lid, then lined the perimeter of the lid in a a length of this jeweled-like stuff I bought from Hobby Lobby. It doesn't have a name on the spool. The bottom of the box is lined with ribbon as well.



Erica's initials were cut out of a manila file folder using the Winter Woodlands cartridge. I painted the letters with a black acrylic paint with a little pearl paint additive mixed in. After that dried, I used the same pearl additive as ink to stamp the swirly pattern on top. The E & M are adhered directly to the lid, but the K is pop-dotted so that it sits above the E & M. I used extra glue on the pop dots.

I finished the box off by adding the black lace around the lip and adding the swirled rhinestones to the top.


Week 3 - 2 ITTs



2 inchies, 2 twinchies and 2 trinchies - I used Photoshop to create all of these. Each has a quote from the books or saying associated with Twilight. All of the hearts and the apple are pop-dotted.

Week 4 - Paper Bag Album





This was one of my favorite items!! This is a waterfall paper bag album. I really didn't know what I was doing, and I can't remember exactly what I did! I couldn't really find directions on the web for one, so I winged it. Hopefully, I'll be able to recreate it.

I'll let the pictures do the talking:












Weeks 5-8 will be posted sometime soon.

2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgoues, sorry I missed that swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I totally loved everything! You are so talented and your pics don't do you work justice. I am so glad we met and I pray we will be friends forever. Can't wait to meet you one day real soon.

    ReplyDelete