Wednesday, November 25, 2015

How Do You Forget About Your Own Blog?!

As you can see, the last post I made was the first of what was to be 2 or 3 posts back in June 2010. For some reason, I never finished the series of posts and I managed to somehow forget all about this blog. How does that happen?!

The only thing I can think of is that there was a lot going on in my life and family at that time. In fact, it's only been these last two years that I've managed to figure out some stuff and get a handle on it all. That's a post for another day, though.

When I first started this blog, I used my Cricut Expression a lot. I still have it and it still works but it's been packed away for about two years or so. Last Christmas, the Hubster gave me a Cricut Explore. I was soooo excited to get it. I unpacked that sucker, set it all up, figured out how to use Design Space and import all my cartridges then...it just sat there. And sat. And sat. And sat some more. At least, until a few days ago. I finally fired that puppy up and used it for the first time. I absolutely LOVE IT! Design Space is awesome and the machine is super quiet compared to the Expression.

I've been itching to get back into papercrafting and swaps. I love swapping and was excited to see what was out there now that the Explore was out. I was saddened to see that there wasn't much activity. Or, at least not like there used to be. And what was out there didn't interest me.

During my googling of swaps and papercrafting, I came upon something called Pocket Letters. I'm hooked! I've created ten in the last 2-3 weeks and there is no end in sight. Check back after Thanksgiving because I can't wait to post about PLs and show a few that I've created. Until then, check this out: http://janettelane.blogspot.com/2015/02/what-are-pocket-letters.html

No comments:

Post a Comment