Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Very First Pocket Letter Ever

So...I spent much time reading about PLs - what they were, how to create them, what to put in them, what their purpose was. I kept wanting to jump into a swap but I was afraid! Having never created a PL, I wasn't exactly sure how to go about it.

I finally decided to create a PL for a dear friend from church. Her name is Billie and she is crafty. I have had the pleasure of working with her on a couple of large projects as well as seen her work throughout the congregation from time to time. I figured she would appreciate a PL and could put the goodies to use.

Billie absolutely LOVES pink. I've never seen anyone love a color as much as she does. She also love shabby chic. So, I made her a pink shabby chic PL. Or tried to anyway. I never did quite love this PL and plan on attempting another pink shabby chic someday.

Without further ado, here is the PL.

This is the front:



The background is a sheet of 8.5x11 scrapbook paper. The roses are a throwback to the first project we worked on together which involved French shabby roses. The four corners are a small pink doily that I cut in quarters. I added texture with the lace, bow, pearls and crocheted flower. The rhinestones are probably more my taste than Billie's. (I LOVE bling and glitter. I think I drove her and our other friends nuts with my want of glitter and sparkle in our projects.) The stamped image is one I bought from Hobby Lobby. It says:
"Some people strengthen others just by being the kind of person they are."
This quote is very true of Billie.

This is the back of the PL:



I packed it full of goodies that she can hopefully reuse on her many projects. There are doilies, crocheted flowers, stickers, lace and ribbon, stamped images and washi tape. The empty pocket eventually held tea and my letter to her. Since I already know Billie, in my letter I just told her about PLs and why I chose her as my first recipient.

I bundled it up all pretty (again, the packaging can be reused) and put it in her mailbox at church.



I had fun making it and have since made about a dozen more. I'll be posting more so check back!

Thanks and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment