Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Parisian Feline Pocket Letter

Oh, the joy that is Pocket Letters! And cats! Two of my favorite things!

After creating the PL for Billie, I came across a post on a PL Facebook page from a lady looking to swap a cat PL she had made. Being the cat lover that I am, I jumped on it. Or, shall I say, pounced on it. :)

I had a few things in my stash that could be used for a cat PL, but not enough to complete one so I went shopping. I had to go to the next town over and it has a Joann's so I stopped in there on the way home. I found only a few things but it was enough to create this PL.

A couple of weeks after I sent this PL, I was in my local Hobby Lobby. I saw sooo many cat items that I was kicking myself for not shopping there before I created this. Oh well, I'm sure there will be another cat PL in my future.

This is the front:



I love bright colors and funky and blingy stuff and this PL catches that essence. The two cats are actually iron on patches that I picked up from Joann's (then found in Walmart for less than half the price I paid - grrr).

The tiny clothes pins are covered with the letter "I" from the same stickers that the word "CAT" is from in the middle pocket of the top row.

The paw print stickers are actually dog paws, I believe, but I used them anyway. The local high school's mascot is the Wildcat and cat paws are huge around here. So, I associate paws with cats more than dogs. (Guess that could also be because I'm a cat lover...)

A note about my design method: I like to design the front as a work of art and fill the back with reusable goodies but some people like to put goodies in the front of the PL as well as the back. Most people collect their PLs and like to look back through them and this is why I design my PLs the way I do. This way, when someone looks at them, they still have complete front pockets to look at. Just remember - PLs are YOUR thing. Design them how you want and the way you want. There is no right or wrong way.

This is the back:



It's full of various supplies that match the theme, color and materials I used on the front. The pocket on the right in the middle row contains a small envelope that I made using the WRMK Envelope Punch Board (I'll post about this later). It holds a small bag of various colored skittles.

Skittles are little colored domes that can be glued down and very similar to the domes in the top left pocket. They were all the rage in the papercrafting and scrapbooking world a few years ago though I have not seen them in use since I started learning about PLs. The  pockets in the middle of the top and bottom rows also have envelopes in them but for the life of me I cannot remember what I included inside the envelopes! Maybe nothing? Maybe my letter in one? Who knows. My memory is not what it used to be.

This PL went to Canada and the recipient is the one who named it, "Parisian Feline." Very appropriate, don't you agree?

Check back as I add more PLs. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment