Friday, February 5, 2016

Washi Tape Meets Keyboard

 Washi Meets Keyboard

When I first heard of washi tape, I wasn't impressed. When I first saw washi tape, I still wasn't impressed. Until I found this tape: 

I fell in love with this on the spot and only bought one roll! What was I thinking? Especially since I cannot remember where I bought it, who makes it and cannot find it in any of the local crafting stores. I have one small 6" piece left. :( If anyone knows where to find this tape, please let me know!

Fast forward a few months later and I now have a pencil box full of various washi tape rolls. The only place I really use them is in pocket letters so they do not get used much. This morning when I sat down at my desk, I remembered a photo I saw of a washi-ed keyboard. Of course, I had to try it! Here is the result:


As you can see, the pink argyle tape does not like to stay put. I have a feeling I am going to have to replace at least the space bar piece. 

The keyboard looks great but functionality is only so-so. I keep feeling the edges of my fingers catch on the edges of the tape as I type. I may need to trim a few pieces a little more.  Thankfully, I learned how to type correctly (Thanks Mrs. Novotny for your insistence on that in middle school!) so I'm not having to hunt and peck or look up a keyboard map. Hmmm...I think I may just do this to all the kids' keyboards...

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment