Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Birthday Card


I made this birthday card for a very, very dear friend of mine. As we would say in high school, she's my BFF. lol

Let me tell you about Tamara. Tamara is a 'best friend' in every sense of the term. She has always been there for me and all the ups and downs of my life. She was there for me during my break up with my ex, when I moved out of my mom's house right before my 18th birthday, she was a shoulder to cry on with recent issues with my ex, through the happiness of meeting my husband, the births of my children, a sounding board for all my issues, fears, accomplishments, downfalls...I hope that I have been there for her as she has been for me. I have been blessed with the bestest best friend ever!

Tamara's husband calls her "Walela", which I believe means "hummingbird" in Cherokee. (Tamara and I are both Ponca Indian and Sky is Cherokee.) So, I made her a hummingbird card.

The image is Inkadinkadoo's Hummingbird with Flowers rubber stamp, stamped with Stazon. After cutting the image with Martha Stewart's Circle Cutter, I colored and shaded it with watercolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I Stickled the inner part of the flowers as well as portions of the hummingbird.





I took a length of green ribbon and pulled a strand of it along the edge to ruffle it. After it was long enough to circle the image, I cut another circle the same size. I stapled (yes, stapled!) the ribbon around the blank circle. I then adhered the hummingbird stamp onto the ribboned, plain circle. This assembled piece was then adhered to the top of paper from my stash. A length of flower ribbon was glued to the back side of this paper before the whole piece was glued to purple card stock.





The inside of the card said "Happy Birthday", printed on white card stock in purple ink. This was layered on top of green card stock.




Happy Birthday Tamara!

Here's Jamie's card made with the same stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment