Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweet "Rwinchies"



A lady on the Cricut message board hosted a "rwinchie" swap. She had different groups and the only one I was able to sign up for was the sweet group. Rwinchies are just round twinchies! :) (I had to ask what a rwinchie was.)

I had originally signed up with the intentions of doing something with cupcakes. However, I came across this SVG file and knew that I HAD to use it for the sweet group. Isn't it just sweet?! The kids are cut at around 1.25".

The scalloped circle is also an SVG file.

I used a pink Sharpie and faux stitched around the circle. I then adhered the kids with the teeniest, tiniest little pop dots I have ever seen and will never work with again!

After putting the kids on, it still looked plain. Soooo...they sat for awhile...

And a little longer...

And a little longer...

Then, one day I was digging around and the pink ribbon fell on top of the rwinchies that were sitting on my desk. And voila! A bow tied from pink ribbon and attached with a tiny, red heart brad as the finishing touch.

So sweet...


(I laid my faithful laptop's hard drive to rest a few weeks ago, and with it went ALL of my SVG and SCUT files. So, I have no idea where the boy & girl and scalloped circle cuts came from.)

2 comments:

  1. i still love these ... wish i had gotten one... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't get these???? Were they in the same package as those rainbow trins?

    ReplyDelete