Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthday Card

The same weekend we celebrated my in-laws' 50th, we also celebrated my sis-in-law's 49th birthday. Is that not awesome?

So, being the crafty, procrastinating type, I made her card. And here it is:





The cupcake is a twinchie made by wilsonarts from the Cricut messageboard. I love it! It was from a 'rwinchie' (a round twinchie) swap that I participated in a while back. I'll have to post a pic of the twinchie I made. We were in the 'sweet' group.

Anyway, back on topic.

I used a Paper Studios kraft card again (yes, I have a ton of them). For the background, I layered pink card stock and some cool, dotted paper from Hobby Lobby. (Before adhering the dotted paper to the card stock, I tied a knot in pink ribbon and taped the ends on the back side of the dotted paper.)

I decided the card needed some more oomph. That's where the white dotted thing came in...I can't find the roll to tell you exactly what it is, but I found it in the sewing department of Hobby Lobby. I cut it to length, then slipped it through the knot. I did have to tack it down to the ribbon with glue.

The inside of the card was a simple "Happy Birthday" printed on white card stock in pink ink.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love the white dotted stuff you added to the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete