Sunday, April 18, 2010

Anniversary Card

My parents-in-law are extremely blessed to have celebrated their 50th anniversary this past February. They are such an inspiration to me! I pray that my husband and I will be able to celebrate our 50th, still in love (hopefully more!) as the day we met.

Being the procrastinator that I am, I made this card the night before after finishing a few pink inchies.




I used a kraft card from Paper Studios. The pink background is card stock that was stamped in white with Stampibilities Swirls and Curls stamp. I then traced EACH AND EVERY SWIRL with a clear/crystal Stickles color. That took awhile but turned out oh so pretty!

As the Stickles dried, I stamped another shade of pink card stock using Timber Brown Stazon ink and an Inkadinkado clear stamp set (either the Flourishes or Butterflies & Birds set). I then stamped, in white, each of the trees with a different stamp from the set(s) - 1 with a heart, 1 says 'bliss' and 1 says 'dream'. I then used my 1" paper punch to punch them out and adhered 2 pink rhinestones at the top.

I tied a knot in the brown ribbon, then taped the ends on the back side of the pink card stock. I matted that with brown card stock and glued the inchies over the brown ribbon. I had to hold each inchie down until the glue dried enough that they didn't keep popping up.


The inside of the card simply said "Congratulations." I printed the sentiment on white card stock, in brown ink and used a script font.

Simple, but elegant. I think. :)

1 comment: